Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Kids Approve

So I put the final stitches in the binding of the quilt, the sun was going down on a beautiful summer day. I just had to shake it out and let the kids all pile on for a picture. I'll have to get a better picture to display at a latter date. The first picture is the front, and the second picture  is the back. I used Lori Mason's design for the front and a Denyse Schmidt design for the back. Many of the fabrics were Denyse's HV or FMF mixed with kona cotton solids and kaffe fassett shot cottons. The final size was 105"x105"

3 comments:

Jenny Bartoy said...

It looks great! Fabulous job. I would love to see more details of the front. I like the large border you put around it in the front.

Kirstin said...

Wow, the quilt is beautiful! How long have you been quilting? I just happened upon your blog from somewhere. Blog land is a big place and I often find myself lost in it. Which is the only time I find little gems like the picture of your quilt! Thanks for letting me rest for awhile.

SarahZ said...

That top photo has to be one of the coolest quilt photos! Ever! Like a breaking wave...so cool!!! Great quilt...have enjoyed all the process posts!!!